Blackberry-Mango Bread/Pan de mango y mora
So what are you supposed to do with 2lbs of blackberries and a big old mango? Make bread. Duh!! So my hands got to work and they turned out this wondeful masterpiece that is blackberry-mango bread.
It’s so soft, fruity, flavorful and moist. Actually, it’s ridiculously moist which is always a problem when making breads. And do you see these delicious pieces of mango and blackberry? I mean just look at it, stare at it for like 2 minutes. Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating but man does this look yummy.
2 cups flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil (or any type of oil you prefer)
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup chopped blackberries
1 large chopped mango
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/175ºC and grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine all the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Into the same bowl place the blackberries and mango and mix gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and place into the oven, cooking for 35-40 minutes. If when a toothpick is inserted into the center and it comes out clean, then it’s ready.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve.